Friday, May 11, 2007

Letter from a musician to "Dear Abby:"

Dear Abby...
I think my wife is cheating on me. I am a working musician and, as you would expect, travel a lot. I have been noticing strange things happening when I get home. Her mobile phone rings and she steps outside to answer it or she says, "I'll call you back later". When I ask her who called she gets evasive. Sometimes she goes out with friends but comes home late, getting dropped off around the corner and walking the rest of the way. I once picked up the extension while she was on the phone and she got very angry.

A buddy of mine plays guitar in a band. He told me that my wife and some guy have been to his gigs. He wanted to borrow my guitar amp. That's when I got the idea to find out for myself what was really happening. I said "Sure, you can use my amp but I want to hide behind it at the gig and see if she comes into the venue and who she comes in with." He agreed.

Saturday night came and I slipped behind my Marshall JCM800 half stack to get a good view. I could feel the heat coming off the back of the amp. It was at that moment, crouching down behind the amp, that I noticed that one of the power tubes was not glowing as bright as the other 3.

Is this something I can fix myself or do need to take it to a technician?
Thanks
Very Concerned.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I love it. Priorities...

Travis

10:32 AM  
Blogger Wornoutmorgan said...

Well, you know. Wives may come and go, but a good amp.......

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D... really funny.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A woman is only a woman but a good cigar can be shredded for pipe tobacco. (P.G. Wodehouse)
Gerben

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slow down here. This isn't something to joke about. Some of us have been through the exact same thing and if you're not careful you'll get burned. No really. Just because it's not glowing as bright doesn't mean it won't send you screaming for aloe vera. Please, don't take matters into your own hands here, there's a lot of heat and a lot of voltage to be wary of. Take it to your technician. We all care about you and none of us want to see you get hurt. live strong, brother. live strong.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

What's more concerning is; would you loan your amp out before your wife????

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home