Wednesday, March 21, 2007

once again...back in NYC

Just back from visiting my folks in Naples, Florida.
Weather there is very controversial. You never know if its gonna
be 78 or 81 degrees?

In the great lunches with my dad column....
We went to the Dixie Moon Cafe in Bonita Springs one afternoon.
It was our luck that it was Gumbo Day. They don't do a regular Gumbo
Day but they will take your number and call you the day before the next
Gumbo Day.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The folks at the Dixie Moon Cafe will also be happy to call you for Hoppin' John day too.

My folks had told me about spotting a bald eagle a couple times on the golf course. Guy likes
to hang out on the top of the condos accross the 9th fairway. Mom spotted him watching the
Egrets and Woodstorks fish the pond. We walked over and I got this funky phone shot. Can't
tell you how cool a bald eagle is. If you are lucky you'll see one yourself someday.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So tomorrow I hope to be reunited with my trusty laptop computer (that you all know I dropped in Stockholm weeks ago).
I've been trying to impress the guys working on it with my laid back attitude ("after your 3rd or 4th catastrophic hard drive
failure it all gets easy" and..."I'm not really in a hurry, you guys take your time and do a good job")
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
self portrait w trusty laptop and communicator.

I'm letting you know about my computer troubles again because I haven't been able to update yayhoos.com or ericambel.com for a while.
I've got a gig coming up with the Roscoe Trio in Au Sable Forks, NY on March 30
there's an info link at my myspace site

7 Comments:

Blogger www.LifeInBonitaSprings.com said...

Did you make it to Buffalo Chips in Bonita Springs, too?

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ehhh... what's a "gumbo day"??

12:48 PM  
Blogger PrettyNoiseLab said...

Eric,

You sure do post a whole bunch of food photos. You are making me hungry! :) So when you coming out to the west coast? Sure would enjoy seeing you play.
Adios,
Doug O

2:26 PM  
Blogger roscoe said...

Gumbo Day at the DIxie Moon Cafe is the day that they serve Gumbo!

11:56 AM  
Blogger roscoe said...

As far as touring the west coast goes....we really need something like a private party with some dough to be able to afford to get out there!

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On my 2nd day with a digital camera I saw my first Bald Eagle and managed to get a picture of it! I still treasure that moment, and I haven't seen a Bald Eagle since.

1:22 PM  
Blogger PrettyNoiseLab said...

I,ll check my schedule. Have to come out to your club this year.

Take care,
Dougo

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home