Monday, April 07, 2008

while working at the studio this weekend..

I was working in the Studio this weekend finishing up
mixes for the new record by Fourteen Feet when I had a
gear epiphany.

A while back Timbo had picked up this old
"trumpet mic" from a guy who was selling some music stands.

I saw the mic in a box by our microphone shelf and put it up to sing some harmony. The minute I sang into the thing I remembered a story Jim Dickinson told me about a lifelong journey of exploration that brought him to the perfect microphone for his voice.

May have to write some songs just so I can use this thing again!

Photobucket
RCA 77dx Vintage Ribbon Microphone

5 Comments:

Blogger captain lizardo said...

That mic is a classic. What a find.
I've never had the chance to use one.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Javi said...

Love those wraparounds on the background. Is that a Hamer?

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"May have to write some songs just so I can use this thing again!"

We can only hope, 'Scoe, we can only hope...

-Nancy

10:27 AM  
Blogger roscoe said...

javi said...
Love those wraparounds on the background. Is that a Hamer....

***********

are you nuts? :)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Javi said...

Good to know... I was thinking that you may need medication

;)

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home