Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Simon

Simon Chardiet is a fantastic guitar player
I mentioned Simon a couple posts ago 'cause he and his band played at my birthday party at
the Lakeside in August.

I was lucky enough to get to take Simon into the studio years back to produce a couple of his recordsBug Bite Daddy & Look At Me I'm Cool both on Upstart/Rounder.

Simon is a monster guitar player who can make sidewalk cracking shifts in sound and style
with just his hands and his head.

Years ago in an attempt to convince my parents that I actually knew
how to play the guitar I got Simon to teach me to play a couple jazz standards.

Simon still teaches
guitar and commutes to his lessons on a Chicago Era Schwinn Madison Track Bike.


Well, Gibson Guitars put a story up about Simon on their website.
I urge you to check it out and go to Simons site too and grab
a couple cd's.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the "Look At Me I'm Cool" CD. I got it 10 years ago and still plays it back to back every now and then.

Have to check out "Bug Bite Daddy".

/Tomas

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the link to the inspiring piece on Simon Chardiet. I'll never forget the blown-away feeling of seeing him play live the first time.

the other EA

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home