Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Last weekend UpState

Last weekend i took the band (for this weekend Kenny Soule and Rod Hohl) up to Andes, NY for
a gig at the Andes Hotel. We had a good time
there basking in the relaxation of no cell phone service whatsoever. I played with the Disciples of
Agriculture and TANDY and I was lucky
enough to have Rich from Fourteen Feet loan
me his fabulous Dr Z MAZ 18 Jr 2 x 10"
combo amp to play with all the bands. On Friday afternoon I put together a new pedalboard based around
the Pedaltrain Jr. I love my little home made Don & Dewey Model but it was gettin' pretty ragged.

Here's a look at my Pedaltrain Jr. Version

Pedaltrain Jr
from R to L top row first.....Peterson Strobo-Stomp true bypass strobe tuner, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay This delay simply sounds fantastic and is handmade by tone fanatics in Finland, The Aramat Tubular Tremolo was built by a lovely guy named Keith how recently lost his battle with brain cancer. It is a terrific sounding trem, the Danelectro Black Licorice is a whacky, crazy fuzz that goes an octave down,
the Frantone Brooklyn Overdrive has been one of my favorites for a long time. can't beat it with a class A amp , I recently got this Option 5 Destonation Rotation Single that does a really convincing Leslie rotating speaker sound complete with adjustable ramp up/down speed controls and the Fulltone Choral/Flange gives me a stereo out option and a luxurious wiggle. So good they are not making it anymore of course.

I tried to take my time and do a good job on the instal.
Here's a look at the bottom with the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power rig in there.

PT Jr Back

So on the way back we were on Rt 28 someplace and we stopped at a sort of country store/gas station. We ordered a bunch of food and I got the Chili. The guy said "Sit down, I'll bring it to you"
A few minutes later he showed up with this basket which looked pretty festive for a gas station. Had to check out the new
iPhone camera for its first food pic.

rt 28 chili

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sour cream has got a luxurious wiggle!

11:16 PM  
Blogger hechtbj said...

I have to say, the chili looks like the best bowl of it I have EVER seen!!!!

12:20 PM  
Blogger roscoe said...

the Chili was a total surprise.

The Pedalboard....well, as nice as the wiring job looks I think I messed something up. Either that or the luxurious wiggle pedal has gone south on me?
Trouble shooting in my future!

10:04 PM  
Blogger roscoe said...

trouble figured out. seems the best way to cut the George L cables is with a very sharp blade as opposed to a sharp clippers (which crimps the cable slightly). The Strobo-Stomp has to go. Too large and too hard to read during the gig. Korg "Pitchblack" in my future.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home