Friday, November 07, 2008

Wicked Pig

Ok,
since the Presidential Election I have gone wildly off my diet. Wildly.
It happens then you get back on....eventually but not today.
A couple weeks back I saw a pork sandwich mentioned on the Lunch
Encounter
blog. Turns out the spot was real close to my East Village location.
I dig the Pig. I wanted some but the sandwich was off my diet and every time
I rolled by the tiny joint it was slammed packed out to the sidewalk.

Today I took a ride by there on the Rocky Mountain Track Bike at the perfect between meals time of 1:45 and took a look.

Porchetta & the Rocky MT

Porchetta is all about the Sandwich

The Sandwich

made from this tasty roast which has a fabulous taste that involves some fresh Fennel pollen.

The Roast

I will get back on my diet....
.......eventually.


(I will have to finish off that ice cream I bought last night first)

6 Comments:

Blogger Miss K. said...

so the new elected president has some bad influence on you?? ;)

oh I´m get so hungry looking at your pics...off to find a sandwich bar!!

all the best
K.

try ice cream dark chocolate w chili...sooo very yummy!!!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pork. It is a downer how a lot of riding does not really cancel out all that much lunch at all. I had veggie sushi rolls today will carry through the rest of the week's commuting I am sure.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a man after my heart... gtr player, rider... and EATER! Lovely stuff.

if you ever make it to brisbane australia and need a buddy for all of the above let me know. and bring that rocky mtn... the distributor pulled out of australia recently. :)

chris

11:49 PM  
Blogger hechtbj said...

I've seen enough of the wicked pig! How about some nice fantasy food shots with a big glass of wine in them!

2:18 PM  
Blogger roscoe said...

We'll work on that big glass of wine shot today!

11:14 AM  
Blogger ALittleGuitar said...

now that's a sammich!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home